WordPress/Website Developer | Full Time
- At least Two Years WordPress development
- Develop and manage on-brand digital products for a variety of digital channels: websites, social media advertising, email marketing automation, brand campaigns, server management, website back-end management, troubleshooting and e-commerce products.
- Collaborate with the team to deliver sites and other digital assets that are conceptually strong, brand-appropriate, aligns with brand standards and meets functional requirements.
- Take briefs from concept to roll-out.
- Work with the Project Managers, Co-Designers, and Co-Developers to execute.
- Participate in briefing and brainstorming sessions to share ideas.
- Scope briefs and provide time estimates to the management and sales team.
- Assist in selecting appropriate graphic media and styles for projects and campaigns.
- Assist in selecting appropriate software, plugins and code solutions for projects and campaigns.
- Build platform solutions for client functional needs.
- Stay on top of trends, technologies, and useful tools in the field.
- Maintain websites and SEO on an ongoing basis.
- Produce maintenance and SEO Reports.
- Work on white-label projects with other marketing firm teams.
Matric / Grade 12. Relevant Website Development Diploma or similar tertiary qualification. (Computer science or similar degrees will be favoured).
- Strong competence in WordPress, Divi, Elementor, WooCommerce, Excel, HTTP, and Plugin. Optimisation, HTML, SEO Optimisation and Strategy.
- In-depth understanding of WordPress, including themes, plugins, and database management.
- Experience with domain management, including DNS, SSL, TLS and email configuration.
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Minimum three years experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience in developing websites and creating platform solutions (not WordPress templates).
- Able to uphold brand style guidelines and produce appropriate work.
- A strong portfolio, including examples of website building work and examples of platform functionality.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Manage time effectively, have the ability to multitask, track your time, work remotely, and meet deadlines.
- Able to follow instructions.
- Detail-oriented individual who reviews work carefully and maintains quality control.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaborate with a team.
- Comfortable speaking and presenting to clients.